- Innovative V-Nand Technology: Powered by Samsung V NAND Technology, the 860 EVO SSD offers optimized performance for everyday computing as well as rendering large sized 4K videos and 3D data used by the latest applications
- Enhanced read write speeds: Sequential read and write performance levels of up to 550MB/s and 520MB/s, respectively
- Secure encryption: Protect data by selecting security options, including AES 256 bit hardware based encryption compliant with TCG Opal and IEEE 1668
The SSD You Trust
The Samsung 860 EVO is specially designed to enhance performance of mainstream PCs and laptops. With the latest V-NAND technology, this fast and reliable SSD comes in a wide range of compatible form factors and capacities.
Speeds are consistent, even under heavy workloads and multi-tasking allowing for faster file transfer. The 860 EVO performs at sequential read speeds up to 550 MB/s* with Intelligent TurboWrite technology, and sequential write speeds up to 520 MB/s. The TurboWrite buffer size* is upgraded from 12 GB to 78 GB.
*Performance may vary based on SSD's firmware version and system hardware & configuration. For more information on the TurboWrite, please visit the manufacture website
Up to 8x higher TBW* than the 850 EVO. Feel secure storing and rendering large sized 4K videos and 3D data used by the latest applications.
*TBW: Terabytes Written
Benefit from faster, more fluid communication with your host system. The refined ECC* algorithm and a new MJX controller generate higher speeds, and the improved queued trim enhances Linux compatibility.
*Error Correction Code
Multiple Form Factors
Whatever size your computer needs, there is an 860 EVO for you. Choose among the 2.5-inch size for desktop PCs and laptops, and the SATA-based M.2 (2280) or the mSATA for ultra-slim computing devices.
Samsung Magician software is designed to help you manage your SSD with a simple and intuitive user interface.
- Firmware updates: Get notifications when new firmware is released, and easily install updates for enhanced performance, stability, and compatibility.
- Performance benchmark: Check your SSD's sequential and random read/write speeds, so you can maintain superb performance.
- Data security: The 860 EVO supports AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption and is compliant with TCG Opal and IEEE 1667.